SEO Best Practices 2020, Google Analytics & Pinterest
Measuring the return on marketing investments within social media is cumbersome to navigate. There are different ways a marketer can determine how well a marketing program is working. Pinterest is one popular social media platform that measures performance, and when you want to broaden your scope of analytics, you can look into Google Analytics and Google Console. Even those who are new to marketing have a website, so first, it is vital that SEO (search engine optimization) best practices 2020 are implemented to complement any other marketing tools such as social media.
Once you can grab your audience’s attention, naturally, you want them to engage your website more — but what about getting traffic from a simple google search? Any site host you use should have a way for you to incorporate tracking.
The three-letter acronym is synonymous with a mystery that Google does so well. With all the updates in Google’s algorithm, it keeps marketers not just on their toes but creating an environment of a perpetual sense of urgency to make the cut, only so a site ranks. As unfair as it may be, it is what it is, and there are some basic things to keep in mind while you are considering SEO.
- Keep it simple – If you are spending too much time on SEO, then you are neglecting other important aspects of your business. Just maintaining the basics of good SEO on your website through content and keywords is all you need to focus on if you are just starting.
- The age of your website matters – and has an impact on your ranking, and you can’t beat time. So again, refer to number one.
- There is a learning curve. Doctors go to school, lawyers go to school, and trades have schools. The point is here that SEO is not something that you can learn overnight, especially when they keep changing things. Just like technology, it turns quickly, and as much as you should try to stay abreast of the changes, do not make SEO your prime focus all the time.
- Hire an expert. If you are feeling doubtful, hire an SEO specialist if the technology isn’t your best friend, so you can focus on what you do great.
- The customer comes first. If you want your business to flourish, you should focus on your customer and don’t reinvent the wheel. Good old word of mouth is and has been, will always be your best form of advertisement.
SEO – On Your Site 2020
Here are a few things to do to help with your website so aside from influencer marketing or pay per click ads, you can garner some traffic.
- Make sure all pages have an H1 header.
- Your content needs to be at least 500 words on each page.
- Compress photos, so your site loads them faster- like this compress tool.
- Make sure you are placing your keywords within the site content but avoid overstuffing.
- Make sure you attach your site to google analytics so you can track progress.
- Every 30 days, take the time to examine what the popular keywords are as it relates to your site.
You don’t have to break the bank searching for keywords. There are places to go to get an idea of keywords that would be beneficial for free or for a nominal fee. Once you find your keywords, it is crucial to put them within your content on your site.
Within a website, there are places to go to incorporate your keywords within your metadata and title tags. So, for example, if you have a WIX site, you can go in on each page and write your page description to incorporate those words and then to incorporate the appropriate tags with your keywords.
Google Analytics is a great tool that costs nothing but your time to implement it to your site. From there, you can analyze where your visitors come from, how long they stay on your pages, your bounce rate, and what platforms they are coming from. You can create goals for your campaigns to measure your ROI. Hence this is a great and specific way to measure the ROI of your influencer, paid advertising, or landing page.
Keep in mind too that checking your console through google is another way to see how your site is performing. You can see what pages have been indexed by Google and if there are any errors on your pages.
Don’t forget that some social media platforms have great analytics. Instagram is the hottest social media platform out there, but there may be an up and coming front runner — take, for example, Pinterest. This platform isn’t for as much as ‘social’ interaction as it is a unique way for users to find fresh products, photos, videos, art, and inspiration. Pinterest’s primary demographic is women between the ages of 18-34.
It is a visually driven platform to post a photo of your latest cool outfit in your store. Or share a great motivational video, a picture, or a video of your latest product that caters to women. Pinterest is a great social media platform with insightful analytics for any marketing campaign you use, and that includes Pinterest’s own paid advertising.
They have gone as far as to dive into influencer marketing to measure results. Through its business hub, a business can create an account and use pins to engage with pinners and collect some traffic to an intended website. If an influencer or marketer has an active blog, Pinterest offers a way to incorporate your feed directly to the platform.
Pinterest’s analytics features are significant in they show you the age group of those who engaged with your pins, where they are located, and what their general interests are. These insights are worth gold to a marketer who wishes to provide quality influence for their next customer, and in turn, direct the audience to a website.
A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss
It is simple, but not easy. In the world of digital marketing, there seem to be more hoops to jump through. Even then, remember to keep it simple, focus on what you do best, and take time to learn something new about marketing each day. Implement best SEO practices and general analytics tools from Google to measure the ROI of your marketing and conversion on your website. If a social media platform like Pinterest suits your product or service, there is so much you can do by implementing a little creativity and showcasing your product or service on their platform. Create videos, post photos, and pin other great pins from other members. Remember, it takes time and consistency. With both, you can become a marketing master.
Where is your business in the marketing spectrum? With all that is involved in marketing can be overwhelming. V Eight Marketing can change that and help your business succeed in the busy marketing landscape, so you stand out amongst your competitors — especially in regards to the social media marketing landscape. If you need a one time project or if your business needs a dedicated staff to jump in and bring your social media marketing to new heights, it is our mission to foster our clients’ growth and prosperity with individualized plans. Get in touch with us today and let VEight Marketing help you reach your goals.